that girl you just called fat? who cares about her backstory, you just shouldn’t be a dick to people
like do we really need a tragic story to get people to stop being mean to each other wtf
Lillian Weber, a 99-year-old good Samaritan from Iowa, has spent the last few years sewing a dress a day for the Little Dresses For Africa charity, a Christian organization that distributes dresses to children in need in Africa and elsewhere.
Weber’s goal is to make 1,000 dresses by the time she turns 100 on May 6th. So far, she’s made more than 840. Though she says she could make two a day, she only makes one – but each single dress she makes per day is personalized with careful stitchwork. She hopes that each little girl who receives her dress can take pride in her new garment.
Such a wonderful person
This was just too cool to not reblog.
Also, if you haven’t already, check out the character profile for Li Shang. He’s totally bi/pan, you know.
This is a big win for anti-rape activists, many of whom have been touting the necessity of an “affirmative consent” standard for years. California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) has the next month to sign the bill into law. If he does, schools across the state would be required to define consent before engaging in sexual activity as an “affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement” or risk losing state financial aid funding.
having a boyfriend sounds fun until you get a boyfriend
yea im a girl
yea i play video games
yea im a dude
of course i play fucking video games
im really a woman
yea im a girl
yea i play video games
HAHAHAAHA JK IM OLD GREGG
indeed i am a boy
indeed i play video games
HAHAHAHA JK IM A SWORDFISH
Yeah I’m an trans*guy
yeah I play video games
jk I’m actually a dad
IT GOT BETTER
Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
Wooyoung: we are here in the Philippines.
<urgently made hip-hop duo>
Junho: What’s up, man! The Philippines are our endorphin!
Wooyoung: Endorphin is our …
Junho: Dolphin? Sorry, I’m leaving.
Wooyoung: You should not eat dolphin meat. It’s illegal. Dolphins are under crisis of extinction. It’s a big issue.
<the hip-hop duo is not willing to finish their interview>
Our first attempt at a Swedish fire log was a smashing success.
burns for hours and it looks beautiful.
I have no idea how you make a Swedish fire long
but i have a MIGHTY NEED for a Swedish fire log
It’s actually super easy and you see basically how in the picture: Just cut slits about like 3/4 down in a big (dry) log with a chainsaw. Then, just light it up on top with some smaller branches and whatever, the inside will catch fire, and it’ll burn for a long time. Great at outside events in the cold months.